TRAINING FOR SPECIAL CONSTABLES IN THE ENFORCEMENT OF MARITIME LAWS ON THE JURISDICTION OF THEIR MUNICIPALITIES
More and more municipalities set up public security services to patrol the territories of their municipalities. These public security officers enforce municipal by-laws by issuing contraventions for parking, animal control and infractions pertaining to public parks along with providing security for all buidings and property of the municipality. They are also the extended eyes of the local police serving their communities working in partnership in the detection of crime. (We offer services to municipalities to set up public security services along with the necessary training. Please consultwww.csctc.com).
If you already have a public security service set up in your municipality and would like to have your personnel sworn in as special constables by the Public Security Minister for the enforcement of maritime laws on the waters covering your municipality, we offer the training to suit your needs. We have already trained several municipalities and are approved by the Quebec Public Security Ministry.
- Course to obtain the boat operator card (Please note that by September 15, 2009 this card will be mandatory for everyone)
- Course on first aid, CPR and cardiac defibrilator
- Course on boat handling, docking, rescue handling techniques with boats on the water
- Course on nautical rescue for first responders
- Maritime radio course (VHF)
- GPS course
- Course on safety and fire prevention
- Course on powers of arrest for special constables
- Course on the use of force
- Course on report writing
- Course on how to testify in court
- Course on the expandable baton
- Course on rapid handcuffing techniques
Prices vary depending on the courses offered and the number of participants. Contact us for more detailed information.